The Chain Bridge in Budapest over the Danube river was built according to the suggestion of the Hungarian reformer Lord Istvan Szechenyi, between the years 1839 to 1849.
The Chain Bridge is the oldest and most known bridge in Budapest over the Danube river.
The classical building has two triumphal arches as buttress and a lenght of 375 metres and a width of 6,50 metres. The weight amount 2.000 tons.
Four lions, two of them on each bridgeheads, are works of the sculptor Janos Maraschalko from the year 1885.